Join The Board
AIGA Wisconsin is currently seeking enthusiastic, design-savvy individuals to join the board of directors.
The efforts of the AIGA Wisconsin board are critical in supporting the mission of AIGA, as well as defining and achieving the goals and initiatives of AIGA on a local level. AIGA Wisconsin board members play an active role in every aspect of the organization’s success, from contributing ideas and developing relevant programming to serving as design advocates and engaging community participation.
Serving on the board of directors can deepen the benefits of your AIGA membership in the following ways:
- Increase awareness of yourself and your company in the local design community
- Plan design events and initiatives
- Gain valuable contacts and resources
- In addition to position-specific duties, all board members must:
- Be willing to serve a two-year term
- Maintain an active AIGA membership at or above the “Supporter” level throughout the term
- Act as a brand steward for our local chapter and national organization
- Attend chapter events as needed
- Attend monthly board meetings
Maintain and grow AIGA Wisconsin membership. Lead recruiting and membership drive initiatives. Develop and implement a member recruitment and retention strategy. Create tools to demonstrate the value of an AIGA membership. Maintain an accurate and current local membership list by accessing AIGA membership databases, available on the Chapter Dashboard. Craft communications to lapsing members. Present membership materials at events.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your résumé or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter answering the following questions: 1) What makes you the best fit for this position and AIGA Wisconsin? 2) What’s one thing you’d like to make happen in the Wisconsin design/creative community?
- Include “AIGA WI Membership Director” in the subject of your email
Open Chair Positions
Chairs work closely with respective Directors to identify tasks, execute requested tasks and help the board to run events when necessary. For Chair position descriptions and application directions, please email email@example.com
Programming Chair – Cocktails with Creatives
Programming Chair – DesignWorks
Programming Chair – Field Trips
Programming Chair – Speakers
Education Chair – Portfolio Review
Education Chair – Portfolio Bootcamp
Design for Good Initiative Chair
Design for Democracy Initiative Chair
Diversity & Inclusion Initiative Chair
In-House Initiative Chair
Women’s Lead Initiative Chair