WIRED magazine describes The Bolted Book by Fortunato Depero as "one of the world's most iconic design books. Michael Bierut calls it a "totemic thing."
Published in 1927 in an edition of fewer than 1,000 copies, this book is celebrated for its daring experiments in typography, its innovative ideas about design practice, and its reinvention of the concept of the printed book.
The Museum that holds the Depero Archives is collaborating on a Kickstarter to publish an exact copy of the book. AIGA Wisconsin Chapter members are being given the opportunity to receive this special book at the special price of $123 (includes shipping).
Since this price is not available to the general public, there are some special steps required to secure a copy of the book for this special price:
- Go to bit.ly/BoltedBook-Kick
- On the Bolted Book Kickstarter page next to the video click "Back This Project"
- Click "Make a pledge without a reward"
- Enter $123 (which is the amount for the book and also shipping to a US address) and click “continue"
- Log in if you aren’t already or open an account if you don’t already have one—and then complete the pledge as directed
- When you have completed your pledge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your name and your shipping destination country and the code “AIGA Wisconsin.” After you send this email you will receive a reply that will be confirmation that you are registered for the special offer
The Kickstarter campaign runs only until December 1, 2016 so act now!
The Kickstarter project creator is Designers & Books, and we are in direct contact with them. If you have any questions about the Bolted Book offer, you can reach them at email@example.com.