AIGA Wisconsin is currently seeking enthusiastic, design-savvy individuals to join the board of directors.
The Communications Director focuses on the management of communication within the Chapter and between the Chapter and the business community at large. The Communications Director oversees the internal and external communication of all AIGA programs, events and issues, and works closely with the Programming Directors to manage communication of the Chapter’s calendar. The Communications Director is responsible for developing and maintaining regular email and postal correspondence as well as social media interactions with the Chapter’s membership base. The Communications Director also acts as Webmaster and ensures that all site content and features support the Chapter’s communications objectives; this includes collaborating with other Board positions to post, manage and maintain site content.
- Propose annual communications strategy to Board of Directors
- Develop and lead a committee of volunteers to assist with communications tasks and objectives
- Work closely with the Programming Directors to promote events and increase event attendance
- Provide direction for expression of AIGA Wisconsin brand
- Develop press releases and list of media contacts
- Oversee, update and maintain content for the Chapter’s website (WordPress), e-newsletter and e-blasts (MailChimp)
- Maintain AIGA Wisconsin’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Flickr accounts and/or direct a Social Media Chair to fulfill these efforts
The Sponsorship Director fosters a relationship of mutual benefit between between AIGA Wisconsin and representatives from allied fields who service the design community. This usually occurs in the form of cash or in-kind sponsorship for Chapter events. He/she will work closely with the Programming Director in establishing a calendar and identifying potential sponsors for Chapter events and activities. The Sponsorship Director works closely with a development committee to accomplish development goals.
- Identifying, contacting and nurturing relationships with potential sponsors
- Submitting monthly development reports
- Maintaining a database of sponsor contact information
- Providing benefits information to sponsors and ensuring that sponsors receive promised benefits and paper work, including sponsor thank-yous and acknowledgement in promised media (e.g. website, e-newsletter)
- Working directly with event chairs to help secure sponsorship for specific events, by supplying leads and then creating sponsor agreements and invoices, which are filed with the treasurer
- Assess the needs of the chapter and coordinate with board of directors to evaluate budgets and sponsorship needs
- Facilitate/oversee donation requests
- Act as host and accommodate vendors at events
READY TO APPLY?
Email AIGA Wisconsin and please be sure to:
- Put the Position Title in the Subject Line of your email
- Attach a PDF of your current resume
- In the body of the email, please write a statement (around 250 words) of why you would like to join the board, and the unique qualities that would allow you to be successful in that position.
- After the board reviews your resume and statement, we will contact you to set up an in person interview with members of the board.
The efforts of the AIGA Wisconsin board are critical in supporting the mission of AIGA, as well as defining and achieving the goals and initiatives of AIGA on a local level. AIGA Wisconsin board members play an active role in every aspect of the organization’s success, from contributing ideas and developing relevant programming to serving as design advocates and engaging community participation.
Serving on the board of directors can deepen the benefits of your AIGA membership in the following ways:
- Increase awareness of yourself and your company in the local design community
- Plan design events and initiatives
- Gain valuable contacts and resources
In addition to position-specific duties, all board members must:
- Be willing to serve a two-year term
- Maintain an active AIGA membership at or above the “Supporter” level throughout the term
- Act as a brand steward for our local chapter and national organization
- Attend chapter events as needed
- Attend monthly board meetings